Archive for July, 2007
- I adore office supplies. Pens, paper, markers, stickies… ahhhhh!!!
- At the office I always use a purple pen. I have several different pens, all with purple ink. Judging from occasional comments, not everyone in the office thinks purple ink is professional. I say pfft.
- I have extremely poor number memory. I can’t hold a number in my head long enough to walk across the room. This is why I have avoided history courses at all costs (can’t remember years).
- I plan to dress like Prof. Trelawney on this coming Friday night and hang out in a bookstore with two little wizards.
- As an adult I still cannot watch scarey movies.
- I hate the taste of mint.
- I am currently reading No Plot? No Problem! with the hopes of kickstarting a large writing project.
I know I’m supposed to tag seven people, but I may be one of the only ones who hasn’t actually done this yet, so if you haven’t yet been tagged, consider it done.
It perhaps says a lot about where I live that this is the TOP news story in the local paper today…
Lauri over at Lauri’s Reflections recently posted about a site called “I wreck this journal.” I admit, I too am guilty of buying prettying notebooks hoping to be inspired, only to struggle with writing less than perfectly in them. I also admit I struggle writing in ugly notebooks, but that really isn’t the point at the moment.
The girls are enjoying creating their own “wrecks” as well, so I think it will be a fine little project for us to embark on together.
And, I’m a little ashamed to admit, I’m finding the puffed out book… with cover that no longer closes properly, and pages all rippled and less than perfect… oddly satisfying.
Rainbow seems to be going through a phase where she asks continuous questions…
Suppose we are trying to watch a tv show…
– “What did he say?”
– “What does that mean?”
– “Why would he say that?”
…and so on. So that by the time you have answered each of her primary questions, you no longer know what the plot of the show is about. Making stuff up just causes more questions (ask me how I know).
It is positively
excruciating charming, and I’m sure it will serve her well one day presuming we survive the phase.
Tonight’s most obscure question…
What does ‘bated breath’ smell like?
I’m thinking tuna.