I was tagged over at Are We There Yet with a little meme where when you comment on her letter post she sends you an email with your own letter to create a list of 10 things you love. I was sent the letter M. I was surprised to find how hard it was to think of 10 things I love that start with the letter M, but in the end I am quite satisfied with my list…
1. Motherhood — I live for it.
2. Moolattes from Dairy Queen — Not only are they yummy, but they give me shivers… teeth chattering, body shaking shivers. It’s like a treat and a show all in one glass of yummy goodness.
3. Music — Good times are better, sad times are sadder, all when set to just the right melody. Music can set the background tone to both movies and real life.
4. Mistletoe — Well, not mistletoe, per se… but that it symbolizes traditions of family celebrations. I love the rituals that families have to show that they love each other enough to build that memory together, one straggley fake mistletoe, or one yummy gingerbread, or one strung popcorn at a time.
5. Martial Arts — particularly Taekwondo, and most particularly family class on Wednesday nights. I love that my girls and I have this “thing” that we do together and look forward to, AND is good for us as well.
6. Magic — Life needs magic. Whether you find it in your garden in the spring, in your own culinary creations, within the pages of Harry Potter novels, or somewhere else deep in your heart, life is richer when wonderful things are conjured from our hands and imaginations.
7. Make Believe — I do love a good costume, a good work of fiction or film, and things that briefly escape you to a fun world with no limits.
8. Muppets — Floyd Pepper rocks.
9. Motrin — Because I have a headache right now and it will make my world a better place.
10. Macaroons — The chocolate kind, with yummy stuff in it… and did I mention the chocolate?
Does anyone else want to play that hasn’t yet? Let me know in the comments (I’ll only send you a letter if you specifically ask for it so feel free to comment without participating too).