I was tagged over at Monkey Business (waving to djn) and I’m tickled pink someone actually wondered how I’d answer these (or anything really)…
1) Are you happy/satisfied with your blog’s content and look?
Only in part… I like the older feel to the look. It reflects my personality a lot. I’m not particularly trendy at all, so the parchment feel seems suitable. But I wish the font were bigger. And sometimes I’d like a bit more colour. I don’t know a thing about the Blogger Beta thing that you can switch to. Anyone with more experience than I have an opinion on whether I should do that?
As for the content… um… no. Probably not entirely satisfied. Some posts I like. Some not so much. But it is what it is, my friends. It is what it is.
2) Does your family know about your blog?
Husband and kids know. Sometimes they’ll ask what I’m writing about, but don’t really read it. Some other relatives know. I don’t think they read it much though.
3) Do you feel embarrassed to let your friends know about your blog?
Not in the slightest. It is an expression of me. As far as I know my friends like me.
4) Did blogging cause positive changes in your thoughts?
I don’t think it changed my thinking in any way, positively or negatively. I like having a place to express myself however I wish, but the thoughts themselves are much like they’ve always been.
5) Do you only open the blogs of those who comment on your blog or do you love to go and discover more by yourself?
I love discovering blogs. I rarely randomly search via the “next blog” thing, because I’ve come across some … um… unexpected visuals that way. I do, however, like to explore the blogs of people who comment on the blogs I read, or visit the links that are on those blogs, or just visit links shared on email listservs I participate in.
6) What does a visitor counter mean to you?
Not a lot. It’s interesting to check sometimes. That said, while I don’t really pay vast amounts of attention to it, I also have to admit that knowing people read the blog (even if it is only a dozen or so people) makes me feel somewhat compelled to continue putting thoughts into it.
7) Did you try to imagine your fellow bloggers and give them real pictures?
Some I have met or seen pictures of, so of course I picture them when I read their blogs. I do tend to have mental pictures of the people who post anonymously, though I expect I’m completely wrong. In the end, I don’t think it really matters if the visual my mind creates is off-base though.
8) Do you think there is any real benefit in blogging?
There are tons of benefits, I suppose. It is great writing practice for one thing. It provides a great personal record of my life. And it helps me stay focused on the funny things in life… because despite how bad things seem to get sometimes, there is a lot of funny stuff out there.
9) Do you think that blogger’s society is isolated from the real world or interaction with events?
By it’s very nature, person + computer, blogging is isolated… But I don’t know any bloggers who spend their entire existence blogging. If they did, what would they blog about? Noting I’d want to read, I think.
10) Does criticism annoy you or do you feel it’s a normal thing?
Blogging criticism? Hmmm… never had it turn up in my comments, but wouldn’t welcome it. Constructive difference of opinions or sharing of ideas is one thing, but the personal trashing I’ve seen on some blogs I’ve read is completely unwarranted. Personal blogs are forums for the blogger’s personal opinion after all.
11) Do you fear some political blogs and avoid them?
I don’t fear them… I just don’t have an interest in reading them.
12) Were you shocked by the arrest of some bloggers?
I haven’t heard about this. If someone actually has a link to this story, I wouldn’t mind checking it out.
13) What do you think will happen to your blog after you die?
As I expect there will be no new content at that point I expect the blog will likely die too. After a certain amount of time of no posting Blogger will likely just remove it I suppose.
14) What song do you like to hear? What song would you like to link to on your blog?
My theme song is “Ordinary Day” by Great Big Sea… but I wouldn’t want to link any music to my blog. But it doesn’t necessarily go with every post. Further, how annoying would it be to read a blog that was playing a song that you (as a reader) really hated? Nope… nothing fancy like music will ever be connected to this blog I’m afraid.
15) The next “victims”?
Anyone on my link list!