Yes, I realize that Canada had our thanksgiving quite some time ago, but it’s NaBloPoMo and I’m stuck, and to honour my American friends who celebrate this week, here are 5 things I am thankful for this year:
- That I found some work. Enough work, in fact, to qualify for employment insurance again when that work comes to an end. I am very thankful for that. And I truly like where I am currently working, despite the tediousness of the task, and am really thankful for the learning opportunities it has provided, and the people that I have met there.
- That my family, friends and self are healthy and safe. That is huge.
- That my kids are good kids… and I don’t mean little angels who get along all the time and tidy their rooms without asking (I don’t know those kids). They are the kind of kids who care about other people, have conscience, and try to do the right thing. I am so very grateful for that.
- That my life has laughter. I can’t imagine existence without it.
- For the people in my life that support me through difficult times. I have had my share of struggles, and I am always blown away by those that reach out and support me… family, friends, and even readers I have never met have continued to touch me with their kindness, supportive words, prayers & good wishes. I have felt that I matter, and that you care, and that has meant the world to me.
A thankful list could go on for eons, of course. I haven’t even touched upon how thankful I am for things like chocolate, and coffee, and cartoons, and childhood enthusiasm, and that spray stuff for cleaning your glasses. I could go on for days.
What 5 things are you thankful for this last year?