1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Paper. I love the look of wrapped packages. And I love wrapping packages. And I love the satisfaction of opening a wrapped package. I just hate shopping.
2. Real or artificial tree? Preference = real. Reality = fake. Dropping needles makes husband crazy. Un-crazy husband makes my life easier.
3. When do you put up the tree? Kids start asking the day after Halloween. Given that it’s a fake tree, I may just do that one year. Don’t actually have a set day we put it up but this year took advantage of a snow day.
4. When do you take the tree down? You’re supposed to take them down? Ahem… we’re probably one of the last in the neighborhood to tuck Christmas back in the boxes.
5. Do you like Eggnog? Is it spiked? Yes. And preferably.
6. Favorite Gift you received as a child? I probably played most with the Spirograph, but don’t know that it was one that made me go “Oooo… Ahhhh…” when I got it, because I rather expect I didn’t know what it was at first. As a child it was probably a doll that was a favorite.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Somewhere. It is very tiny and pewter. When the kids were little they would play farm with it so heaven only knows where it is now.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My father.
9. Easiest person to buy for? My kids.
10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? I got a used 8-track player from someone’s car in the mid-80s. I never owned an 8-track. I don’t think they were even made at that time. And I never put it in my car.
11. Christmas Cards…Snail mail or E-mail? I love getting snail mail cards. Especially ones with family pictures inside. I hope to be able to send those out some day. But I welcome greetings in whatever their form.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?I have a lot of favourites: Elf, Grinch (old one), Miracle on 34th Street (old one).
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? When it occurs to me I need to start thinking about it. I think I bought my first gift this year in early November.
14. Have you ever ‘recycled’ a Christmas present? Not that I recall.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Turkey dinner. With mashed potatoes and gravey and cranberry and dressing, and….
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colours. Lots of colours.
17. Favorite Christmas Song? O Holy Night.
18. Travel at Christmas or Stay Home? Preferably stay home, though it is not uncommon to have to drive to a Christmas dinner somewhere.
19. Can you name Santa’s Reindeer? Thanks to the song “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer,” yes I can.
20. Do you have an Angel or a Star on top of your tree? My favorite tree topper is our Scooby-Doo angel but he lost a hand so has lost favour with the kids. This year Santa is on top of our tree.
21. Open the Presents Christmas Eve or Morning? The only presents that gets opened on Christmas Eve are the pj’s and ornament that each child gets every year. You hang your ornament on the tree and put on your new pj’s to await Santa’s visit.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Shopping. So darn many people shopping. And most of them are cranky.
23. Shopping…Mall or on-line? Regrettably I must use the mall.
24. Do you decorate outside for Christmas or just inside (or at all?) Only the inside, though I secretly long to decorate the outside too.
25. Favorite Christmas cookie? Any cookie not baked by me is welcome in this house. Bring them on.
26. Do you own Christmasy clothing or jewelry? No. But I have been playing with this site found from The Bloggess and imagining the fun I could have with some of those sweaters. (I created this impaled elf version for imaginary holiday job interviewing fun).
27. Do you believe in Santa? Of course I do.
28. Favorite ornament: An angel ballerina that does endless pirouettes.