I’m woefully behind in posting my list of truths, but the idea was lovingly borrowed from Alto2. It has taken me quite a while to come up with a list! Nonetheless, here it is…
1. You will be most inspired to write/create when you have the least time to do so.
2. There is no real male equivalent to “the granny pantie.” Despite the fact that I’m sure males of past generations probably wore ugly underwear just as often as the women, there does not seem to be a contemporary equivalent of undergarments held in low esteem.
3. The same children who cannot be awakened on a school day will rise on their own at dawn if it is a school holiday.
4. The drive-thru line takes at least 5 minutes longer than you actually have.
5. Drive-thru service will never tell you your order will be delayed until they have your money and you are at the pick up window.
6. The chance of getting a run in your stockings increases with the importance of people at the meeting you will attend wearing those stockings.
7. Similarly, “good hair days” invariably occur on days when you have no place to go and no people to see.
8. The course you enroll in believing it will be easy will actually be your undoing. (Yes, I have yet another Spanish test tonight)
9. There is no Trash Fairy. If a bag of garbage is left on the deck, no fairy will arrive to carry it across the yard to the trash can. (Please feel free to inform my family of this particular truth.)
10. Thinking of 10 incontrovertible truths is really hard!